Monday, September 6, 2010

Our Song

Thoughts and thoughts and eyebrows a' twiddlin'
That's where I seem to be right now.
Hours and hours to go before fiddlin'
That's what I thought when I tipped over that cow.
Somewhere down the land and valley
A Johnny Cash tune rang in my head.
Somewhere down the road of my mind
I felt the song you sang me instead.
Oh, what a Beautiful Mess this is
It's like we're picking up trash in dresses.
And the lead of the pencil scribbled...
And the heart of that little girl giggled...
And after a time, the sound sank through.
It sank through to the pit of her stomach.
It sank through to the pit of her heart.
And with that, she softly remembered
Like waking from a colourful dream
full and mixed and layered of dimension.
Waking life never took so long to awaken to
But here we are, here we are.
We're still here.
Through lanes of walking, alleys of wandering
and hours of wondering
We become what we've always wondered about.
We've become what we've always fought about.
We've become what we've always preached about.
We are what we've always been.
Reflections of God.
Heaven on Earth.
And yes, folks.
Fellow friends
dearest soul mates of the grandest kind
It's more than safe to say
That the joke's on us.
I hope you laugh
I hope you know joy
I hope you jump into your passion
without fear or contradiction.
I hope you remember who you've always been.
And through it all, I'll be here
Singing our song

Love,

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment